NEW PRICE $699,000! BONUS: Legal Rental Income Unit is totally separately metered and should be additionally approved soon for short-term rentals. GORGEOUS HOME, LUSCIOUS GARDENS & GREAT RENTAL INCOME! This exquisite home is perfect for comfortable living and elegant entertaining with spacious high-ceilinged rooms and beautifully landscaped garden. Located in historic Shepherdstown, itâs within two blocks to restaurants, music & shops, and just blocks away from boating on the Potomac River or bicycling on the C&O Canal. The house with its pre-Civil War charm has been renovated with the modern conveniences of central air, closet space, off street parking, and upgraded bathrooms and kitchen. It even has a powder room on the ground floor, and features hardwood floors, fireplaces, skylights, washer/dryers on two levels, and window treatments, chandeliers & art lighting that convey. Itâs been made handicap accessible with an outside lift, stair railing, and bath bars. The house has four bedrooms, three full baths, and two half baths. Both the side and back garden are fully fenced. There are two Amish sheds, for storage, flagstone walkway with lighting, a Redstone patio and fountain, raised garden bed, and in-ground compost. The garden was designed with the four seasons in mind with its weeping cherry trees, dogwoods, hydrangeas, a magnificent tulip magnolia, bluebells, and lily of the valley â blooming yellow, then pink, then blue, and finally shades of white & green in the summer. The garden also incorporates a clover patch and butterfly bushes for the pollinators. This property receives two tax bills, one is for the lower-level rental unit. Back on the Market subject to contract release.
3 Full/2 Half
Hot Water Heater, Electric Water Heater, Public Wa
Brick, Wood Siding
3,513 sq. ft
Cable TV, Onsite Telephone
Jefferson County Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Living Room, Foyer, Florida Room
- Hookups in Basement
- 2nd Kitchen, Island, Gourmet Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Range/Oven Built-in, Cooktop Downdraft, Disposal, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Ice Maker, Indoor Grill, Gas Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer, Electric Range/Cooktop, Freezer
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Vinyl, Laminate, Wood
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating, Oil, Hot Water. Radiant, Radiators, Heat Pump, Forced Air.
- Full, Full Finished, Heated, Entrance Outside, Walkout Stairs, Walkout
- 2. Wood-burning, Mantle, Fireplace Screen.
- Elevator, Entry Level Bedroom.
- Additional Interior Features
- Built-Ins, Skylight, Wainscoting, Elevator, Crown Molding, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- Street Parking, Private.
- Wood, Brick
- Balcony, Deck, Patio, Porch
- Lot View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Out Building, Sidewalks, Exterior Lighting, Fountain, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard. Landscaping, Rear Yard, Sideyard(S), Vegetation Planting.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price